Roofing National Standard? questions

Old 09-16-05, 07:55 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roofing National Standard? questions

My roof suffered 2 hail storms this year. I had the insurance send out a someone to check it out. The Rep. says roof is good, no damage except for some nail pops. I asked one of the neighbors who is a roofer to check it out. He says to get a second appraiser out, because there is alot of damage. HE tells me the nail pops ( there are a lot of them) are form the hail also there is other signs of damage.

HEre is where I need some answers

I call agent and in a letter they say "that eventhough my roof had damage it was below the national standard" My roof had 3-4 marks per square and the standard is 5". I just thought of something the vents on the roof look like a golf ball, there are probably 40 marks (dents) on that vent

Can some tell me what is per square? AND What is the national standard.

The inurance is United fire group / Addison Insurance if that matters

Thanks
Jim

Old 09-17-05, 09:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roofing Question:

The standard in the insurance industry is 5 dents per sq ft. I would not even worry about the vents. They are cheap. There is one thing to realize. When they inspect it, they only count the shingles with dents. Many others may not have dents. Chances are, there is only hail damage on 1/2 of your house depending on your roof. After they figure up the cost, only the dented shingles, and subtract your deductible, Chances are they will not pay too much. But, your rates will go up. That is a fact. I had my own 3000 sq ft roof damaged beyond repair several years back. I just reroofed it myself, because I did not want an insurance claim on my record.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: