Lazy man's corrugated roof repair?

Old 09-24-05, 01:06 PM
alexz
Visiting Guest
Question Lazy man's corrugated roof repair?

Hello, folks--

Is there such a thing as the subject implies? I have a 6'x12' section of a carport with a corrugated fiberglass roof. That section has a few leaks in it, due both to a couple of holes of about 2"x3" wide and cracks of about 3"-4" long. I _really_ don't want to hassle with replacing the whole section... Are there viable options for just patching these holes/cracks? Some kind of roofing cement or patching mesh or anything of the sort? Or am I stuck and have to replace the whole thing (with its millions of nails...)?

Additionally, if I do have to replace it, can I just lay a new sheet over the existing one or are there really good reasons to pull off what's there now? (Like I said, this is a 'lazy mans' question. :-) )

Thank you in advance for any tips!

Alex

Last edited by alexz; 09-24-05 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added another question
Old 09-24-05, 01:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
alexz, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
Lazy mans way is to use silicone on the cracks. The holes, you will need a chunk of the material and you can silicone it over the holes. Placing a new piece over the old would probably work since the curves are the same and the material is thin. Good luck.
I am not saying this is the RIGHT way to fix it, just the quickest, easiest and cheapest.

Old 09-29-05, 07:41 PM
alexz
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice. Ended up just getting some cheap PVC sheets and laid them right on top of the existing layer. It's not pretty, but it should keep the rain out... :-)

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: