ridge vents

Old 09-26-05, 09:35 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: new york
Posts: 401
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ridge vents

I had a new roof installed recently and my question is on the ridge vent. It is installed on a cape house. I am unsure if they put it in right and I have never seen one installed. I know they had the material becuase I seen a roll of it in there supplies that said ridge vent. It was a roll about 10" wide and 30 ' long looked like heavy black screening about 1/2" thick. I was wondering how it installed though. I walked up in the attic and if I look along the ridge I don't see it at all the. The plywood goes all the way up to the roof peak and there is no screening showing.
Old 09-26-05, 04:03 PM
Hellrazor's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 948
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If they installed it right, there should be a gap in the plywood on either side of the peak of the roof.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: