Winter - porch roof leaks

Old 10-09-05, 05:00 AM
Nana
Visiting Guest
Winter - porch roof leaks

Thoughts of another winter coming - and the ice dam build ups on my three season sunporch roof that contains multiple connecting points to the house - makes me think there is a magic tarp I can put down now. Last winter there was a sheet of ice running down the inside sunporch walls. Even though we attempt to keep the roof clean, there is always a storm that gets the better of us and then it is impossible to keep on top of it. This room was an add on and connects to several other roof lines. It's easy to get out there now and reseal, cover, whatever before it gets slippery. Roof was reshingled two years ago. Any suggestions appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-05, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a bad roof installation if you have water running down the walls, maybe at those "connecting points" you mentioned.

If you had photos posted somewhere, this might offer up ideas. Otherwise, you need to find a roofer who specializes in ALL phases of roofing, INCLUDING reworking leaking areas, diagnosing existing problems, etc.

This is likely a basic disfunctional roof system which will give you problems from here on out untill it's dealt with by an honest competent roofer.