urgent! water leak problems.

Old 10-10-05, 10:57 AM
ping
Visiting Guest
Unhappy urgent! water leak problems.

Hi all,

After the heavy rain, my house had some water leaking problem. I found some water mark on one side of my second floor ceiling and at the same time the wall outlet got problems at the same side of the wall (under the water mark ceiling) as well as the wetting carpet area.

My roof had put another layer of the shingles about 2 years ago, and I went to the attic, the water leaking seems on the side wall of the house, and like around the chimney area, so what contractor should I contact with or are there anything I can do by myself to find out where the problems are and fix it? Does it the roof problem, chimney problem or the vinyl siding problem and how can I check it to make sure where the water leak is from?

Since I have been unemployed for 6 months, I really need some money-saving plan for fixing the problems.

Thanks for any replies.

Old 10-10-05, 11:41 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Its hard to say what you have here. that new shingles on top of the old is a no no for me. You cant say how they reflashed that chimney up there. You have to go up and look. Id say work on the chimney first here. A lot of roof cement might work for a time. Around it.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: