Rolled Roofing Question

Old 10-16-05, 05:55 PM
Labman
Visiting Guest
Rolled Roofing Question

I need to replace a low pitch roof over the back porch. It's a wrap around porch. It's right on the ocean so I have been getting water leaking above the back door during rainy nor'easters. The roof is wornout and missing in spots near the front from the wind. Near the house, where the roof seam meets the trim board, below the shingles there's a fair size seam and I believe this is were the water is finding it's way in. above the door and on the ceiling tiles I'm looking for some DIY links that will show/tell me, how to remove and reinstall new rolled roofing. and should I use ice and water shield where the roof meets the exterior wall? Do I have to use asphalt cement on the whole roof? Do I use roofing nails like a regular roof? Are there products that are already sticky like ice and water barrier? I could use some help with the product as well. Any help is appreciated.

Geo.

Last edited by Labman; 10-16-05 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-16-05, 08:42 PM
Ga'reacho
Visiting Guest
I think you might want to look into a ruberized (elastomertic)roof especially if you walk on it.The rubber can be colored any color you want and can be redone alot cheaper than any other type of roof if it is done right,becareful about the wind I recomend tearing off all the old roof first and listen to the pros about how to put it on and underlayment

Old 10-16-05, 08:52 PM
Labman
Visiting Guest
Ga'reacho
no it doesn't get walked on, It's really just over hangs the porch but where it's connected to the house above the door, water is getting in.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: