Ground Level Leak During Heavy Rain

Old 10-21-05, 07:04 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ground Level Leak During Heavy Rain

Hopefully, someone has seen this before. I have a stucco front. When it rains heavily, water seeps into the dining room floor at ground level. Can't understand why or how this could happen. Any help out there?

Old 10-21-05, 05:56 PM
L
need more info is it comeing through what the joints

Old 10-21-05, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Have you looked outside at the area where it is coming into the house when it is raining? It sounds like the landscaping needs to be raised a bit to force the water away from the house.If it is pooling when raining, it will find any nook or cranny to enter the house. Good luck.

Old 10-21-05, 10:31 PM
T
It leaks at the bottom of the wall at the baseplate. I haven't noticed any pooling. So, should I build up the ground until it slopes away from the house?

Old 10-22-05, 07:04 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You will either have to landscape to direct the water away from the house or install perforated drainage piping to do this. Dampness on the baseplate will lead to mold in the walls. This is also a nice place for termites to feed. Eventually the baseplate will have to be replaced due to rot. Good luck.

Old 10-31-05, 11:02 PM
S.Baray
Visiting Guest
Same problem

I am having the same problem i have a stucco wall next to the driveway and when it rains the water leaks under.I had to remove the drywall because it began to mildew.When i removed the drywall i saw the problem, this room was an add on they layed the untreated 2x4's on the ground. Which became the termite picnic grounds, i am about to check building codes to see if a concrete curb should have been pored first.Don't ignore the problem it only gets worst.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: