Gutters

Old 10-25-05, 10:34 AM
janipoo
Visiting Guest
Gutters

I have a double wide mobile home and it presently does not have gutters. I really never thought that it needed it. But I am wondering if I should have them installed. The home is not on a crawl space, just on ground but there is a hill behind and I am wondering if it will do damage if water or moisture gets up under the home. Does anyone know if it is essential to have gutters on a home without any foundation underneath.

Old 10-25-05, 06:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 874 Upvotes on 765 Posts
Where I live all double wides [and sometimes single wide] are required to have a concrete footer under the support blocks. Even so it is better to keep the ground dry under your MH. Excessive moisture can affect the foundation. Also if there are any voids in the plastic covering the floor framing, it can affect the structure.

It may not be essential to have gutters but it is always wise to divert water away from the home. This can be accomplished with gutters, grading or both.
Hope this helps.

Old 10-26-05, 03:37 AM
janipoo
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advise, we do have concrete footers. I think I will look into getting gutters for the home. I have been concerned with the moisture getting under the home.

Old 10-26-05, 06:03 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 874 Upvotes on 765 Posts
Make sure the down spouts are directed or piped away from the home.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: