basement after a flood - need advice

Old 10-27-05, 06:20 PM
yosefesq
Visiting Guest
Exclamation basement after a flood - need advice

After getting flooded from heavy rains, I decided to invest money into putting in a "french drain" system in my basement. Unfortunately, the recent heavy rains in the northeast caused such heavy back-up in the sewer lines that most of the houses (basements) in my neighborhood got flooded, including mine. My carpets were ruined and I don't want to install new carpets again only to have them ruined if we get flooded again. I'm looking for recommendations as to what I can put down on my basement floor - I've heard that there is some kind of "pour-down" floor that is very waterproof, but I have no idea what it's called or whether it makes sense to do something like that or install something completely different, like some type of tile. All feedback, comments and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Old 10-29-05, 04:35 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
id go with the tile . your not going to win

Old 10-29-05, 09:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do a search on Nature Stone or Miracle Stone...you'd be suprised how comfy it actually is to walk barefoot on rocks.

There are D-I-Y kits for this type of flooring also, as it is fairly expensive from the pros. But you'll never be replacing carpet after a flood again, and I believe both of the mentioned companies have limited lifetime warranties and free annual inspections. I think it looks great in basements. My folks had their garage done about 5 years ago, and there aren't any visible problems with it yet.

Old 10-31-05, 08:56 AM
yosefesq
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the responses - I'd still like to hear from anyone else with recommendations and advice. Also, if I do go with tiles, what kind of tiles makes the most sense? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: