Hurrican ripped shingles off-temp repair!!!!!

Old 11-01-05, 11:38 AM
thumpergirl
Visiting Guest
Hurrican ripped shingles off-temp repair!!!!!

Please help. Hurricane Wilma has ripped off many of my shingles which I will now have to fix.. but untill I do I really need a temporary Fix due to the fact we are getting more rain here in Florida. I havent anyone to help me so I hope there is something I can do quickly and safely alone. I can get onto my roof through a window in one of my bedrooms and hang on to the edge on my second floor. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful...Thank you in advance...Thumpergirl

Old 11-01-05, 11:44 AM
M
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I am in the same situation except I have tiled roof. First you need a good quality ladder to get up to the roof, don't climb on it from your bathroom window...

My suggestion for a temporary fix is to call 1-800-ROOF-BLU it is operated by Corp of Engineers and they come and tarp your roof for you for free until you can fix it permanently. I have tiled roof so I can't use it but if you have shingles - call them. I think they have operations in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties now.

MC

Old 11-06-05, 12:50 PM
flatroofrepair
Visiting Guest
Wink

Originally Posted by thumpergirl
Please help. Hurricane Wilma has ripped off many of my shingles which I will now have to fix.. but untill I do I really need a temporary Fix due to the fact we are getting more rain here in Florida. I havent anyone to help me so I hope there is something I can do quickly and safely alone. I can get onto my roof through a window in one of my bedrooms and hang on to the edge on my second floor. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful...Thank you in advance...Thumpergirl
i have a suggestion for you
GET A ROOFER TO DO THE JOB
hanging out a window is not a good idea

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: