Adding porch with metal roof

Old 11-13-05, 09:43 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adding porch with metal roof

I am adding a porch to an existing house with changing from aluminum to vinyl siding. My question is: Eventhough the supplier sold me flashing go go under the siding it is flat on both sides as you would expect a flashing to be. Shouldn't there be a flashing or cap that fits the contour of the metal roof that goes up behind the siding to create a water tight seal at the roof and siding intersection. I appears to me that if I use the flat flashing under the siding and on top of the metal roof the raised contour fo the roof will allow water to blow back under it and leak down the wall. The porch roof is 4-12 pitch and the flashing about 6 inches wide so it would require a pretty hard blowing rain, but I dont want to take the chance. It is confusing to explan in writing bur relatively simple when looking at it to see the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 11-13-05, 02:36 PM
I'd assume you would do the flashing the same way you would do a ridge cap. There is a self-adhesive foam weather stripping that matches the contour of the metal roofing but is flat on top to match the capping.

Old 11-15-05, 07:54 AM
B
Thanks

I found the foam sealer, although not self adhesive, at Home Depot. I appreciate the info.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: