What is my best option?

Old 11-22-05, 09:03 AM
ninfa moore
Visiting Guest
Unhappy What is my best option?

The house I live in is about 18 years old. It was build by someone who loved to cut corners apparently. The house is literally falling apart. We have had one problem after another and our latest involves a leak in our roof that we can not find. The wet spot will appear in out livingroom ceiling but when we go up in the atic we can't find where the water is coming from. We just find the insulation is soaked in that one spot. There are no pipes or vents in the area either. We have gone up on the roof and we do see some cracked shingles but there is no obvious area near the leak that would scream out "I'm what your looking for!" There is no soft area on the roof either so I am guessing there is no major damage to the wood yet. I know we probably need to replace the roof, but we can't afford it right now. We are at a point where things are just too tight to spend any more money on large purchases like a roof. However, if our roof caves in that would be a problem as well. So what are my options if I can't afford a roof and I can't afford for a roof to cave in? Thanks. Ninfa Moore (Huntsville, AL)

Old 11-22-05, 06:10 PM
Lowongas
Visiting Guest
If you can't find the leak put a large piece of visquene in the attic under the area of the leak. Check it after rains. Go in the attic during a long rain with a flashlight and investigate. If your roof has felt, plywood sheeting it is possible the leak originates several feet above where it comes in. Just keep trying.

Old 11-23-05, 10:46 PM
ninfa moore
Visiting Guest
Thank you. We have more Rain in the forcast so I'll let my husband know and we will see what we can find. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: