Permaseal?

Old 11-29-05, 04:45 AM
CableTool
Visiting Guest
Permaseal?

I dont know if they are national or local but I hear the comercials all the time.

In my basement I had some seapage in the laundry area due to ( I believe) a collapsed, inward slanted, concrete walkway next to the house. I had all that concrete replaced and the leak has not returned since.

I also had some sepage on the other side of the basement and I can see a foundation crack just below the brick line. Cant tell how deep it goes or if its even the cause but its in the same general area.
I removed all the grass from that side of the house in the spring, but a weed barrier down and covered that with bark chips to lessen the yardwork. ( its a narrow 4' wide strip between my house and my neighbors driveway. ) Since I did that, again, no sepage on that side either.

Although Im pretty happy about the newly dry basement I know there is still an issue in both spots. Ive looked at the permaseal website and although there are no prices I dont think anything they would have to do would be TOO extensive.

Does it makes sense to do this in the winter? Will weather affect anything, expansion, contraction wise? Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.permaseal.net/
http://www.permaseal.net/Products.htm <-crack injection probably?

Old 11-29-05, 06:18 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Permaseal?

Permaseal is a Chicago wterproofing contracto that waterproofs that also sells and installs some proructs. It looks like the products the company sells are available elsewher, but under a different brand name.

Dick

Old 12-09-05, 08:39 PM
CableTool
Visiting Guest
Thanks, Im aware of what they do and who they are. I was just looking for any one with a good or bad word about them.

I had an estimate this week.
Two 4' long cracks, one on each side of the basement. Crack injection method for repiar.
$600.00.
Since I really have no experience with crack repair I said go for it. Im not one for multiple estimates unless Im looking for someone to do a big job. If the estimate was near 1K it would be more then I would be willing to spend and get another estimate.

In any event, Ill let everyone know how it goes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: