Attic Renovation Frustration

Old 12-06-05, 09:57 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Attic Renovation Frustration

We are trying to find out if our attic is a suitable candidate to become a Master bedroom. We want to ppt in two doarmers as well to open it up a little. It's just a plain long attick and has stairs going to it. the ceiling is about 8 feet tall in the middle and the angles quickly steep to the floor. I have read about regulations and things like that but I don't want to waste my money hiring aguy to come in a tell me that my attic does not meet the code.. I want to know that it will be fore I hire the guy to give me the go ahead for the renovations. Please advise me on the best way to find this out

Old 12-06-05, 04:58 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There are a gret many things that will go into making the decision if your attic is a master bedroom candidate. Size of floor joists, distance apart of floor joists, windows, heat, what are your rafters like, and the list goes on. There is no way that anyone here can give you the answer you want without seeing it. There are just too many variables. We have not even mentioned the building codes in your area yet. My suggestion would be to have a remodeling contractor come over and tell him what you are thinking, and get his opinions. This is free. However, you could get an architect or professional engineer to look at your project and this will cost you a little bit.
That is about the best advice we can give you. Have a good day, and good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: