What's best to do?

Old 12-15-05, 05:43 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question What's best to do?

We signed a contract and gave a down payment in early November to have the flat-roof portion of the house re-roofed with polyurethane foam. There were a few little additional things - removal of a trellis, repair of some fascia, etc. The roofer keeps putting us off, but he doesn't try to find us, we have to go looking for him. In the contract it said work would be completed by December 10. It was "before Thanksgiving", "the week after Thanksgiving", and Tuesday HE called ME (a first) to say the guy would start today. No one showed up. Meanwhile, we had Solartubes put in (one leaked already), so we've compromised the roof trusting these guys would do the work. Could they just have schedule problems (rain, etc.)? How patient should we be? Is this normal in the industry? I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 12-15-05, 07:19 PM
L
id call him and get your money back . sounds like he gave you a good price at the time and i bet work for him was slow so he was going to use your job as a fill in when slow to keep his man working.and then his high price jobs went boom so he put you on back burner. some times the low price is not always the best deal

Old 12-16-05, 04:19 PM
You have been duped. I hate to say this but you maynot get your money back or your roof fixed either. As mentioned above he gave you a low price and you gave him the job. Its the old addage, you get what you pay for.
Now on the other hand, if you can find him and have a heart to heart talk, and mention your lawyer if the job is not done by such date, he may just hop over the do the work. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: