leak int/ext cinderblock wall @ bottom

Old 12-28-05, 12:58 AM
samiam
Visiting Guest

at floor level, water is leaking in from outside (rain, melting snow). Is there an isometric caulk or patch I can use. The floor is concrete/cement.
ps- the room its entering is an electrical control room.

Old 12-28-05, 05:35 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
hi
I tried spray foam and it works
you need to be able to get close to the slab and between the wall

Old 12-28-05, 07:17 PM
samiam
Visiting Guest
to pgtek, great idea! Surprised I didn't think of it myself! However, do you think it will work when the concrete is wet and a little dirty? Since it expands, I think it will, but what do you think?

Old 12-28-05, 08:43 PM

This is a classic leakage point where block or concrete walls meet the floor slab. The slab shrinks as it cures, so it pulls away.

The best method is to open the joint slightly and pack the joint with hydraulic cement (Thoroplug is one brand name for a generic product). The hydraulic cement id available at most good building materials stores - you just mix it with water. Make sue you force the material into the joint very well. You can do this when the concrete is damp because it is such a similar product and bonds well.

Dick

Old 12-29-05, 04:18 AM
hi
Yes it will work even if it's wet.
I remember once on a call a owner call said water was leaking from the sill plate of the foundation down her basement stairs. I just place the plastic tube in the crack, water was coming like a fall and squirt. It stop completly right away and seal the hole perm..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: