wet crawlspace

Old 01-24-06, 09:42 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 174
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question wet crawlspace

I need help! My house is downgraded from the house next door. All the water run-off goes into my crawlspace-during a big rain, it sounds like a waterfall inside the crawlspace. If I wanted a trench dug & the water re-directed (I have NO clue if this is the right thing to do)-who do I call? Ive called excavators, Genl Contractors & my local City Engineer. I cannot do this work myself, but I need to find out WHO can do it. Please help! Thanks/Jina
Old 01-24-06, 10:35 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,004
Received 1,899 Upvotes on 1,705 Posts
If you live in a newly constructed area, you might want to contact the builder. They are responsible for the drainage in the building addition, seeing to it that runoff from one site does not damage another. Additionally, if your neighbor makes changes that direct water onto your property, he can be responsible.

But to answer your question, I would call any landscaper in your area. The bigger landscaping companies will have equipment to deal with your drainage issue. They may even want to put in some drainage tile.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: