Drainage systems for a leaky basement

Old 01-25-06, 08:36 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drainage systems for a leaky basement

Can anyone tell me If there is a DIY way to catch water coming off the land from getting into the foundatin? I got an estimate for a sump pump but its a drop it int the foundation type, there is no french drain or drainage system. I was just wondering what my options were because the quotes for a full drainage system are up around $7,000. I was thinking of some kind of inground plastic routing around the perimeter but wanted to get some opinions. This house doesnt even have gutters, I just dont get what some people think when getting these houses built.

Old 01-25-06, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Gutters and downspouts are essential in removing water from around the foundation. I have noticed that many builders charge extra for this and the homebuyer says "I'll do it myself later" and never do. Installing a perimeter drain is a good idea but the digging and installation is beyond most DIYers scope. It makes sense that if the water doesn't get into the house, that is better than getting it out afterwards. Good luck.

Old 01-27-06, 06:58 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drainage

I agree. Put on gutters & downspouts first, plus, pipe the water approx. 20 feet away from the house.Hopefully that will fix it. Look at the grading around the house,it needs to slope away from the house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: