Green Roof

Old 02-21-06, 07:15 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Green Roof

I tried this in the architecture forum, but I think this might be a better match.

Does anyone know anything about "green roofs" where you plant a low ground cover in a lightweight growing medium? Helps with run off, heat gain, etc.

I want to build a small garage (20X20) with a green roof and need some info on design requirements, for the foundation, roof, walls, etc. (particulary the roof). I want to be able to build this with no interior walls or supports (i.e. I want the full open space inside the garage). While I am looking for design ideas, this is not something I want to design myself. I will get an engineer or architect, but I want to get some general ideas at this point.

Any comments would be appreciated, but I would respectfully request that you not respond unless you actually know something about these types of roofs.

Old 02-21-06, 12:23 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You may want to check out the following for research projects concerning green roofs:

http://www.greenroofplants.com/research_and_development.htm#Penn%20State%20University

Good luck.

Don

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: