boxing in the ends

Old 03-02-06, 09:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
boxing in the ends

can some body help me on this.i built a new shop and i need to box the ends of the roof on the corners.how do i do this?

Old 03-03-06, 08:15 PM
well first thing we built it and dont need a pro,i may not use pro words but will try this again.on each corner at the over hang of the raffters were you put Soffit under it then you have to box the end up to put the fascia on it.

Last edited by robby521; 03-03-06 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-03-06, 08:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,643 Upvotes on 1,471 Posts
Is this something like what you're looking for? These boxes were covered by aluminum soffit and fascia so they didn't have to be "purdy". Hope this is helpful!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thexsleeper/detail?.dir=af9d&.dnm=c092.jpg&.src=ph

Old 03-03-06, 08:26 PM
yes thats it thank you!any professional would or should know what boxing the ends up means.thank you XSleeper!

Old 03-05-06, 12:57 AM
B
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Never seen that before!

I looked at the picture. Usually, the only roofs around here that incorporate a closed soffet are hipped. Where I live we use a much wider barge board along the rake down to the fascia. The soffet terminates into the barge board on low pitched roofs and there is no "box" in the system. On steep pitched roofs there is usually just a single piece of 2x that is wedge shaped. It is cut at the same pitch as the roof and drops straight down from the barge to just below the level of the soffet--similar to the picture but much more substantial--eave overhangs are much longer here. Of course, the way we do it is probably more expensive but it looks MUCH cleaner than what the picture shows..
-Best

Last edited by bestmetalroof; 03-05-06 at 01:26 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: