Roof Still Leaks

Old 04-04-06, 01:28 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roof Still Leaks

We had the chimney flashing and valley that begins next to the chimney repaired. New shingles and ice and water shield were installed. Immediately after the repair, the area immediately next to the repair at the edge of the roof began leaking. Water dripped inside in the wall above the kitchen before hitting the ceiling tiles in the kitchen. The roofers came out, patched a few nail holes and it stopped. However, every rain since then it has leaked inside the wall and into the same area in the kitchen.

The roofers looked at it yesterday and said everything looks fine...which will not be a solution to my problem. Additional info: The leak is half way across a low sloped roof with a sag in it. If that is the problem why did it not show up until immediately after having the roof repaired?

Any ideas on solutions?

Old 04-04-06, 11:11 PM
Trying to dianose this type of leak is paramount to doing brain surgery with your eyes closed......But, you said low slope......How much slope......Type of shingles....Type of valley metal.....closed or woven.......sag in roof....iIs it enuff to hold water or make it run sideways

Old 04-07-06, 03:39 AM
It was probably going to leak anyway, and it just happened after you had the work done. Two completely unrelated problems. However, if I had a roof with a sag in it, I would have it fixed immediately. Sags hold water, and water runs downhill. It probably backs up under your shingles. Good Luck

Old 04-07-06, 07:55 AM
M
Thanks for the reply!

Old 04-07-06, 06:12 PM
Mark:

Your very welcome.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question