Fibertite Roofing System

Old 04-07-06, 08:16 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fibertite Roofing System

Anyone here have any experience with Fibertite Roofing products? I've got an old home with a ~6'x8' flat section that leaks. It currently has a rubber roof on it and I'm going to have it replaced with either Mulehide or Fibertite. The contractor thought very highly of the Fibertite, and it is a few bucks more than the rubber. I'm also curious the lifespan of rubber, if properly installed? I'm willing to pay more for a longer life, but most importantly I just want it done correctly so I can forget about it!

The contractor also mentioned installing tapered insulation under whichever material I choose to put a small slope on the roof, waste of money or a good option?

Thanks for any responses, this is my first forum post so I hope I'm not covering any previously mentioned questions, but I didn't find any doing a forum search.
thanks

Old 04-08-06, 05:42 AM
The fibertite roofing is good. So is rubber. No roofing is going to last forever, expecially on a flatish roof. The sun just cooks them, and they get alot of abuse. I would definetly try to put some slope on the foor. Tapered insulation is fine if it can be secured in a good manner. Another method is to taper 2 x 4's and sheet, then put on your roof. This is not an area to skimp on the money. If your going to do it, do it right. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Old 04-08-06, 08:03 AM
J
Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-08-06, 08:30 AM
Your very welcome.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title: