What kind of cleaner for roof stains?

Old 05-09-06, 07:16 AM
K
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
What kind of cleaner for roof stains?

I am getting ready to clean roof stains off of my roof. I have read to use oxygen bleach and not a chlorine bleach. Have also read that some deck cleaners would work good. What kind of cleaner do you guys use on roof stains. If it is a mix let me know that too. Thanks

Old 05-09-06, 09:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chicago Metallic makes a product called "Shingle Shield".
It is the most popular product that I've seen to clean roofs.
You should be able to find it at your major roofing material suppliers.

Here's a link to the product:
http://www.chicagometallic.com/product_frameset.asp?product=&region=1&company=29&division=30&viewby=none&prodid=37&menuitem=52&rowcount=1

Old 05-13-06, 07:09 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Several Types of Roof Cleaners

Chlorine should not be used on a roof, it results in the curling of shingles, and can kill the plants.

Oxygen Bleach works better, but only in a over super concentration unlike many of the 'name brands'. The only drawback of these cleaners is that they may require multiple treatments.

The professional standard for roof cleaning is Sodium Hydroxide based fast and furious cleaner, it requires much more caution in its application, but for a serious do-it-yourselfer, its the fastest solution.

Always choose a product built for roof cleaning. The surfactants and foaming agents keep the chemicals where they belong long enough to do the job.

Last edited by mattison; 08-05-06 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Advertising removed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: