Gutter Guards

Old 05-16-06, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gutter Guards

I saw a previous post on gutter guards and I am looking into the www.gutterfilter.com. But, has anyone had any good experience with any type of gutter guard? I live in NJ in a wooded area. Gutter cleaning is a must atleast 2 times a year.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-06, 12:31 PM
Do you have pine trees near your house ? If so pine needles will most likely get through then you will have to remove them to clean the needles out. I walk my roof line a couple times a year with the leaf blower and blow my gutters clean. I gave up on gutter guards.

Old 05-18-06, 12:45 PM
Hey Joe,

Nope. No pine tree, but lots of maple and oak. my issue is mostly twigs, pollen (the bundles of yellow stuff) and leaves.

The gaurds found on the website (gutterfilter) seem pretty interesting. I tried to contact the company, but have not heard anything from them yet. I have heard many complaints about the screens, but I am willing to try almost anything to avoid going up 2 stories myself or paying someone to do it 2 - 3 times a year. When i lived in a ranch it wasn't any issue...now with a colonial, i'm a bit more of a chicken.