Can I ....

Old 05-20-06, 08:59 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can I ....

I have a flat roof that needs some resurfacing. Last year when I bought this house it was in fair condition and since then it has blistered a bit. I cut out the blisters and applied some white roof "snow" material, you know the kind you can buy at home depot in a gallon or 5? Anyway, now there are more blisters and I need to redo all my pathces.

My real question is, can I buy some fiberglass fabric and lay that down, put the resign on it and then cover it all with the "snow" stuff ? I would think the fiber glass and resign would seal the roof good and then the coating of "snow" would make it nice and water proofed ?

Old 05-20-06, 06:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Why not rubber roof it and be done with your problems?

Old 05-20-06, 06:16 PM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
O(ne of the things I remember about Bremerton is rain - lots of rain. If your roof covering is blistering, it's probably time to replace it unless you want to spend all your time patching. It isn't going to get better and sooner or later the blisters (or the patches) are gonna' turn into leaks. Better to bite the bullet and put on a new roof. If you plan on keeping the house for a while you'll be secure knowing you have a tight roof and if you decide to sell a new roof is a good selling point.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: