Old house with 1 5/8" /12" pitch what to do?

Old 06-20-06, 02:55 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old house with 1 5/8" /12" pitch what to do?

When I bought my house I was 24years old and knew almost nothing about houses. I bought an "investment property" 1300sqf house (cheap). I then called some roofers for pricing and 1 said he would only do a torch down on my roof because of the low pitch.The other 2 roofers didn't think the pitch was an issue so being the cheap guy I am I hired to lowest bidder. About a month after the roof was finished I had a leak,the cause was some nails that should have been pulled and a big section of no felt. The roof was fine for about 3years then Rita hit. I patched my roof after Rita but now every bad storm (floods are common here)I find a new spot on the ceiling. I measured the roof pitch today and got a little less then 3and a half inches from 2foot level! With such a mild pitch can I even use roll roofing? Is there a shingle availible that can do the job? Torch down or repitch my only options?

Old 06-30-06, 10:05 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Shingles for low slope roofs have more adhesive because the shingles wont lift due to high wind and rain.A good brand is made by BP in the "Rempart" line.This shingle is rated for winds up to 120 mph.Always buy the best shingles you can afford.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: