Gutter mesh

Old 07-25-06, 01:37 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 25 Upvotes on 22 Posts
Gutter mesh

Do those mesh gutter guards work? Are there reasons why and why not to use them? I'm seeing them on sale at harbor freight (that may be a big red flag right there) and I'm tempted.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 07-25-06, 01:44 PM
U
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My own experience with them was good and bad. On the side of my house next to the SweetGum tree (that drops those spiky balls), the mesh guards worked fine. On the other side, where the large White Pine trees were, the needles just stuck through the mesh, making it harder to clean them.

Old 07-25-06, 01:49 PM
C
Received 25 Upvotes on 22 Posts
Thanks, UBob

I forgot to mention that we have big-leaf trees like oak around us. Does that make a difference with the mesh idea?

Old 07-25-06, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If the leaves blow off the roof and do not get wet and stick to the gutter guards, you'll be okay. I have seen the guards get covered and make things worse than they were without the guards. Good luck.

Old 07-25-06, 08:22 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i agree pines are a pain and the mesh makes them worse, but for big leaves you'll be better off. i caution you that they do not look great (you cna see mine) and once in a while i have to put them back as they move if hit by a kids ball or a ladder. but mine were cheap - $1 for 10 feet or so.

Old 07-28-06, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Check out . They have a new one now that like covers the gutter to anything on it will slide off but right at the edge is a small drop down with holes in it and this lets just the water in the gutter. Lowes had them not to long ago

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: