Roofing problems

Old 08-30-06, 11:01 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roofing problems

My husband and I have bought a house in April of this year. We had a inspector come and check the house out before buying it. Well now we are finding problems.Plus they did not disclose any of this about the roof. I have squairls going in my roof,and that the wood trim around the roof is all roted. We are not leaking yet but of course that if we knew everything about the roof we my have not bought the house. There are several other things going on with the house they did not disclose. My question is What can I do about this and what steps do I need to take? Thanks you
distreasted homeowner, In Louisville KY

Old 09-02-06, 08:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am not sure there is anything you can do. Just because you had an inspection does not mean there are not problems. I noticed that you did not mention any problems of leakage with the roof. I also don't think the squirrel is getting in through your roof. If he was, there would be a big hole in your roof. I think he is getting in under the eves or under the fascia. These are the boards you said were rotten. You might talk to your Realtor, but I would not hold out for much of a solution. I think you will have to fix this one. Sorry about that. Have a good day.

Old 09-03-06, 09:49 AM
W
Received 14 Upvotes on 12 Posts
If your roof isn't leaking you probably don't have an expensive or difficult problem. Find out where the squirrels are getting in and fix the hole. Trap or kill any squirrels in your attic and replace the rotted soffit wood. A weekend of work and you're good as new.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: