Dimensional roof shingles vs

Old 09-07-06, 05:51 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dimensional roof shingles vs

How to position and nail dimensional roof shingles? Is there any difference in nailing compared to 3-tab traditional shingles?

Old 09-08-06, 07:51 AM
D
Novicetoo,

I'll let a moderator jump in here if I'm wrong, but the basic answer is no. However, depending on where you live the number of nails per shingle may very but that is not dependent on shingle type, just location. For example, here in Central Florida 6 nails are required per shingle (3 tab or deminsional), in other areas only 4 are required.

Always check the manufacturers installation instructions packaged with the shingles. Instructions may also be found on their web sites. Also, check the local code for installation requirements (#of nails and underlying felt poundage).

(You may want to update your profile to show what part of the country you live in as many answers are dependent upon that information.)

Good luck,

DWC

Old 09-08-06, 10:56 AM
N
dwcurry, thank you for the helpful information. I am in western PA area....and I will update my profile. Thanks again.

Old 09-08-06, 11:28 AM
D
If you look under roofing at the followng web site you can pick out a type of shingle and after going to it pick out the installation instructions.

http://www.owenscorning.com/quickfind/

DWC

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: