Leak in ceiling

Old 10-20-06, 10:25 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leak in ceiling

I have a bathroom with a leak in the ceiling. The majority of the bathroom is covered by the attic, but above the tub (which protrudes from the house) has a small roof over it. The roof is pretty flat. Would the leak be that that heavy rain is soaking through the shingles and in? Is this an easy fix for me to do, by trying to reslope the small roof.

Old 10-22-06, 01:35 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If your flat roof has roofing shingles on it that's probably the problem. Strip shingles should not be used on a very shallow roof situation. There are flat roof materials like Dibiten and a few others that you could use. Why are you on this site at 1:25 in the morning anyway?

Old 10-22-06, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Leak in ceiling

Not everyone lives in New York. There is also California, Alaska and Hawaii. - One of the problems when people do not admit where they live.

You did not say how flat the road is, but shingles should not be used on a low slope roof. The rain will not soak in and you have a leak in the roofing system that is showing up on your ceiling.

If you have the wrong type of roofing you should re-roof with the proper material and not try to patch.

Dick

Old 10-27-06, 03:12 PM
rUfUnKy
Visiting Guest
Talking

Originally Posted by Concretemasonry

You did not say how flat the road is
I'm more curious how flat the roof is..lol.. Just kidding Dick

But to answer your question .. No, Rain will not "soak" through the roofing material unless for what ever reason the product has degraded and is no longer up to factory standards.

More information on the pitch and type of roofing that was used (Tabbed shingles / roll roofing / rubber roofing / tar and gravel etc.) would help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: