roof gutters

Old 10-24-06, 05:27 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
roof gutters

I recently had gutters added to my roof. The area to attach them is small, a 2 inch aluminum trim. After the last rain I discovered standing water (about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch) and some seams leaked. I called the guy who installed them. He returned to reposition and reseal them. I used my hose to check them after the sealer dried and now there is more standing water in some areas (over 1 inch) and still some leaks.

He is saying that since the trim is only 2 inches, he'll never be able to eliminate all the water and beside it would look funny. Should there ever be standing water and if so how much is acceptable?

LindaJ

Old 10-24-06, 06:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

The gutter should drain and be dry after a rain . Not have water stand in them. A lot is in what you have to work with. That 2" dont sound right. You could add first to that 2" first say a 4 " piece then hang the gutter to that. That would let you have a fall in the gutter. Sowater dont stand.

ED

Old 10-24-06, 06:42 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,262 Upvotes on 1,203 Posts
Ed is right. I can see the guy telling you he can't get it to completely drain (though it should), but what's he telling you to justify the leaks? That's never acceptable.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: