Connecting Gutters at different Levels?

Old 12-04-06, 11:28 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Connecting Gutters at different Levels?

Without know the terminology for roofs, I have a gutter at one level and another 90 degrees to it about 2 feet lower and 4 feet away.

Can I attach the two together meaning have the top gutter dumping into the lower one?

Old 12-05-06, 10:43 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Gutter

Use downspout to connect the two. You may need some ells to complete the run. You will need a downspout adaptor to attach the downspout to the upper gutter.

Old 12-05-06, 03:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,905 Upvotes on 1,711 Posts
I'd say the same thing Wirepuller did. Normally, it works well to have a "b" style elbow on the bottom end of the vertical drop of downspout so that it dumps water in the direction that that lower gutter drains. But if the gutters are not directly lined up one above the other you would need to use a combination of elbows and downspout to connect the two.

Old 12-05-06, 04:52 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Actually I noticed my neighbor has it that way except she has a 90 degree corner piece then its bent down towards the lower one. The inside of the corner fits exactly against the roof and the front part of the corner piece was bent and contorted slightly to allow it to angle downwards. Then a straight piece to the lower gutter.

I think I will do it that way cause it looks good. My only question now is whether I'll be dumping too much water in the one gutter. I'm sure there is some sort of calculator somewhere.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: