Mobile Home Roofs

Old 02-18-07, 05:07 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Mobile Home Roofs

I have a peak roof on my mobile home and was thinking of putting up a roof with shingles instead of the one that is up there now...I think it is just a regular roof...kinda just looks like cement or whatever they use for roofs on mobile homes...does anyone know how much the cost would be for a shingle roof? I've had a leak on the roof but that is because my son found a tree limb stuck in the roof that made a hole. He was able to patch it for the time being..

Old 02-18-07, 06:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 821 Upvotes on 720 Posts
MH roofs aren't made of cement, many have a galvanized steel sheet [1 piece] over the whole roof. Do you have a roof with a 3/12 pitch or is it one of the older MHs that has basically a flat roof - just a slight crown in the middle.

If you have the 3/12 pitch in the S.E. you can usually screw plywood to the rafters [thru the steel] and then tar paper and shingle to the plywood. I don't know if you can do this in your location with the heavier snow loads. Might be best to check with the manufacture or someone locally.

Obviously your leveling/foundation issues would have to be resolved first.

If you have a "flat" roof you can still put a roof over on but it involves more work as the roof framing will need to be supported [in part] from the ground.

3/12 pitch = 3" rise for every 12" of length

Old 02-18-07, 09:16 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you

Thank you Marksr....Yes my leveling needs to be taken care of first. I was just thinking ahead that the roof is something I would like to do in the near future. Have a nice day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: