Zmesh Roof

Old 02-24-07, 05:42 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Zmesh Roof

Has anyone used this product?

http://www.comfortradiant.com/roof-deicing.php

I'm getting my roof replaced this summer and it looks like a good solution. However, I'm concerned about installation costs (least important), reliability, and operation costs.

I realized it's not going to address the cause of the problem, but I don't know how feazible that is going to be.

I'm going to do my best to address the ventilation issue when the roof is replaced. I'm hoping putting on a ridge vent will help, since I already have vented soffits.

However, it's a finished attic area with a cathedral style ceiling (drywall attached directly to the rafters), so I don't know if the proper air channels are in place or not behind the insulation since I didn't finish the attic. I don't want to tear down all the drywall right now to find out. Without physical access, is there a way to determine if the proper air channels exist?

Old 02-24-07, 07:38 AM
Received 59 Upvotes on 53 Posts
If you put the ridge vent on, they will remove a portion of the sheathing at the peak of the roof. Then they should be able to see into that area if the channels for the soffit vent are there or not.

Old 02-24-07, 08:00 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Badeyben:

The center of the ceiling does not go to a peak as far as I can tell. It is relatively flat with the 2 dormers and the rest of the roof (no sharp peak), so I believe it is suspended in some way. I'm planning on gaining access to figure this out at some point, but right now there is no access to the area above the sheetrock. This may help from a ventilation perspective some, but I'm not sure.

That's a good idea, and I'll try it out when they're working on the roof.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: