Gutter Installation

Old 02-25-07, 07:16 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gutter Installation

I have "U" shaped courtyard area behind my house with 2 valleys coming down and I get a lot of water. I had gutters in the area but they were too small and overflowed badly. I want to install new ones that are bigger. The problem I have is the fascia on the 2 sides built about 3 inches lower than the fascia in the end so the guttering couldn't run around the area evenly.
I really don't know what options I have because I don't know what is available in terms of gutter materials and components. I am open to suggestions.
thanks

Old 02-25-07, 07:31 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,921 Upvotes on 1,725 Posts
The size of the gutter may not have been the problem if the downspouts were small (2x3). Larger 3x4 downspouts or more of them may be the solution.

Old 02-25-07, 11:10 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Gutters

You need deflectors at the bottom of the valleys to prevent the water shooting over the edge of the gutter.
Three inches is a big difference in facia height. Is this some kind of construction mistake? Are the soffits the same depth?

Old 02-25-07, 01:48 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, the soffit is longer at the end. I don't know if it was a mistake or not.
It is what it is so I have to deal with it best I can.

Old 02-27-07, 06:32 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Gutter

Can you post a photo on a photo sharing site and give us the address? It sounds like you will need specially fabricated corner fittings for the two inside corners of the gutter. Make sure the downspouts are large enough and close enough together to handle the volume of water.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: