easy guttter ?

Old 04-15-07, 02:51 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face easy guttter ?

we have about a 10' piece of gutter that sits by itself that came down in a storm we had last night. my ? is is it better to make new holes when driving the spikes back in, use the old ones, or even use some sort of filler like liquid nail to hold them in the same holes? it was pretty high winds and hail that made it come down. also i can see another set of holes next to each one that is already there. just looking for the proper way to fix this. thanks for any help.

Old 04-15-07, 03:48 PM
W
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
Gutter

Option 1: Use the screw hangers rather than the long nails. The screw types hold much better. These are like long screws the same size as the spikes.

Option 2: Use an entirely different hanger that fits inside the gutter and is not visible from the outside. This hanger fastens in with a screw inside the gutter. Makes a real neat job.

Old 04-15-07, 06:25 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really dont have to fill in the holes unless they are exposed. Don't reuse the gutter spikes or even use new one. Use a structural grade hidden hanger fastener with a zinc coated galvinized screw. If you can't find one PM me and I can get some to you. By the way, is your gutter continuous or are they in 10 foot lengths?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: