I need correct terminology

Old 04-23-07, 05:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I need correct terminology

Hello all that can help.

I have two gutter downspouts that terminate directly next to my home (cement slab).

I am wanting to extend these out further away from the slab if possible but not sure of the correct way of doing so.

I heard of connecting a plastic type tube/hose that you can bury in the ground, but not sure of the correct nomenclature for this piece.

Also, is it recommend I even do this since I just have a slab? I understand the need for this for homes with a basement, but not sure if I should also do it as well. Any help would be great!

Old 04-23-07, 06:28 PM
Wink

The first thing to look for. Does the water from the down spouts run away from the home.On the slab there ??If you have ground there . That you can run pipe in just use 4 " PVC to pitch the water away from the home

Old 04-23-07, 09:11 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Most folks dig a trench about a foot deep and gradually slope the trench deeper about 1/8 inch drop for every foot for the pipe. Downspout piping can be used at a 90 degree angle at a length to reach undisturbed soil beyond the fill around the foundation. Then it can be attached to the 4" PVC (SDR-35 sewer pipe) using PVC cement. If you ever have to snake out the drain line, you don't want 90 degree angles. Drain can be tied into local storm sewer or to a french drain--a pit or trench large enough to accommodate water and lined with landscaping cloth and located away from the house and filled with gravel or crushed rock.

Old 04-24-07, 02:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thanks for the input!

I plan on digging this foot or so deep trench (sloped) and have the 4" PVC terminate into a 2'w x 2'L x 1' deep "cavity", lined with cloth and filled with gravel.

I plan on having this PVC extended about 3-4' past my slab.

Does this sound good or am I a$$ backwards?

Old 04-24-07, 02:46 PM
Wink

Sounds good to me. On a dry well like that . Go 2'X2'X 4' 6"deep use like 2" to 3 "gravel Line just the sides and the top over the gravel. With 30lb felt. 6" dirt cover over itall

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: