where do you find metal roof panels/sheets?

Old 04-26-07, 10:25 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
where do you find metal roof panels/sheets?

ok i have a 3500 sq foot roof it is a basic single peak roof 15 foot both sides exactly and 102 foot long exactly, a big old wooden frame building, would be really simple to metal roof and thats what it needs

but i cant find anyone or anywhere who carries the common metal roof/siding panels that you see all the time on buildings and farms etc

whats the deal ?

where are ppl finding these at ?

whats the technical name of them ?

need to buy them ASAP like yesterday so i can roof this place, it is leaking everywhere badly and has been for years

and where can i learn the basics of metal roofing such as the ridge pieces and end pieces and what do you do about the open parts(high spots of the panels) along the drip edge/gutters/fascia

and also what if you cant make one end of the roof end on a flat part of the panels?

its not really a big deal to me to do this but i just need to learn a few basic things is all before hand, ive done alot larger projects on/in this building for sure, if you could see then you would know lol

i could take pics

thanks for anything!

Old 04-27-07, 06:28 AM
W
Received 27 Votes on 25 Posts
Metal Roofing

Some likely sources of materials:

1. Big Box Stores

2. Farm Supply Stores

3. Metal Roofing Contractors

4. Roofing Material Supply Stores

Make sure the framework supporting the roofing panels is in good condition and properly spaced before intalling the panels.

Old 04-27-07, 07:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 383 Votes on 339 Posts
You are probably looking at the V-crimp galvanized roofing [maybe corrugated - less popular] While the same style that was used years ago is still available it isn't as thick as it used to be.

The vendors are listed in wirepuller's post. They will also stock the nails or screws to secure them [they have a rubber washer to prevent leaks]. There is a ridge cap [?] for the top [usually in 10' sections] The panels are always 26" wide [2"overlap] and come in 8',10' &12' lenghts, occasionally 6' & 14' The colored roof panels that have become popular lately are custom made to lenght, most are 3' wide.

" and also what if you cant make one end of the roof end on a flat part of the panels? "

Can you explain this further?

The metal can be cut if necessary.

Old 05-28-07, 02:49 PM
E
no im jut looking ofr the common white colored lay down screw/nail down ones that you see all the time

no places around here have them, all we have are lowes menards type places and they have nothing like this at all except galvanized 2 foot wide shed panels

i mean at the end of the roof where the corrugated design of the panels raises upwards what it the end of the roof lands on one of them instead of the lower part of the design ?

how do you prevent this from happening ?

and how do you finish the ends of the roof is there a trim piece of some kind for the gable ends of the roof up on top to hide nails and such on the end edge of the panels

thats what i mean

thanks

Old 11-14-07, 05:50 PM
B
is this what you are talking about?

http://contractorservices.homedepot....spx?cid=834237

Old 11-15-07, 04:54 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
an alternative,,,

to corrugated might be found here ( no financial interest - just a satisfied contractor ) http://www.hydro-stop.com/Frameset-1.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: