Gale (Downspout drain line)

Old 05-16-07, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Gale (Downspout drain line)

Can anyone tell me where or how to bury gutter downspouts to drain under ground? We live in a wooded area and do have pine needle and leaves occasionally in the gutters but that's not too big of a problem. we want to tie in our water filtration outspout into the gutter line and maybe drain it into a dry well. We don't have the first idea how to start. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-07, 02:41 PM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Downspout Drain Line

Bury 4 inch pipe. At the house, install a 90 degree ell to catch each downspout.

Different types of pipe are available such as flexible corrugated or PVC. Visit your nearest home center to see what pipe and accessories are available.

If you have a long run of pipe to install, I would suggest renting a Ditch Witch capable of digging a 6 inch wide trench.

If you have several pipes coming together at a common point, you may need to construct a brick catch basin or install a series of Y connectors.

Old 05-18-07, 10:00 AM
Thumbs up

Than-you, that will help us out. Do you have any suggestions for the dry well?

Old 05-19-07, 06:26 AM
I was just looking the same thing up and found this awesome video on This Old House. My wife and I just bought our first house and need to get some water away from the foundation.

I think this will do the trick:

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/yardgarden/article/0,26206,1192717,00.html