Roof Cleaning Help

Old 05-26-07, 04:45 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roof Cleaning Help

I have a question that I would like to get some input on. I live in South Florida and live in a home with a tile roof. Everyone down here has to fight the constant battle against dirty roofs. We get letters from homeowners associations requiring us to clean our roofs (or face a $$$ fine). It usually has to get done on a yearly basis. What is the best (and least damaging)way to clean a tile roof. Cleaning companies down here either pressure wash them with a wand or use a scrubber like machine which rotates over the tiles as it cleans. What is the best option? Thank You,

Old 05-26-07, 11:33 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Check with neighbors, family, and friends who have had their tile roof cleaned. Get at least 3 bids and make sure the contractor has experience with tile roofs. The contractor you hire should be licensed and insured. Most tend to go with pressure washing. Cleaning solutions usually contain chlorine bleach to kill mold and mildew. There are concerns about too high pressure when pressure washing and cleaning methods that require walking on tile roof. There are companies that specialize in no pressure chemical roof cleaning.

Old 05-26-07, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
And beware that the bleach solution can burn and/or kill plants.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: