Leaking Window Vs. Child with Leukemia

Old 06-02-07, 11:08 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leaking Window Vs. Child with Leukemia

We have a badly constructed wall that leaks water into the house when it rains.

My guess is that the tar paper was not applied correctly under the stucco, and/or around the windows.

It has been like that since we did the remodel four winters ago, and until now, we just placed plastic containers and cotton diapers on the carpet, as it does not rain hard that much around here, about three to four times a winter.

I tried caulking around the windows, and spraying a cement sealer (do not remember the name) to no avail.

What would you recommend short of tearing down the wall and rebuilding it?

My daughter is being treated for leukemia, and doctors say we cannot do any sort of construction in/near the house, on the other hand, we need to repair the leak and resolve any fungi/mold issues which might kill her now that she has highly compromised immune system due to the chemo.

are there any sealers that might work better in this situation?

is it possible to do another layer of tar paper/chicken wire/stucco on top of existing stucco? if so, how do you seal around the existing window?

whatever we do, had to be done externally, no dust, and has to be very affordable, as we are all out of money.

thanks,

-avi

Old 06-02-07, 11:19 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
My tears are no answer for you. You contact your local building code office. They are the experts. My tears and prayers are with you. God bless you.

Old 06-02-07, 11:28 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twelvepole
My tears are no answer for you. You contact your local building code office. They are the experts. My tears and prayers are with you. God bless you.
thanks,

not familiar with "building code office"

when we were doing the remodel, we got permits and reviews from the county's building dept. is this what you are referring to?

-avi

Old 06-04-07, 05:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,958 Upvotes on 1,755 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles! If you're a religious person, you can look forward to Isa 33:24 coming true!

But that won't help the leaking wall, will it? We would probably need some digital pics of the window and wall, and perhaps the top of the wall. If you have a digital camera, that is. They could be uploaded to yahoo or photobucket, and then the link could be posted here for us to have a look. Maybe seeing it will help us form a better suggestion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: