New roof in summer?

Old 06-13-07, 03:14 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question New roof in summer?

I live in upstate NY & my roof is due to be replaced shortly. I was just told that a roof should be replaced in the Spring or Fall, but NOT the Summer. Is this true? Please advise. This roof is going to cost me $15,000 (my house is 2550 sq ft). Thanks/Jina

Old 06-13-07, 05:18 PM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Roof

Roofers work spring, summer and fall. If you were a roofer, which season would you do your best quality work?

Old 06-13-07, 05:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Although roofers do roofs in the summer, spring and fall are the two ideal times. The reason being is the temperature. During the summers temps can rise. The hot roof gets soft, and is easily scuffed by the roofers shoes, even though they are careful. Whenever my roofing crew is on a roof, they have a therometer with them. When the roof hits 90 degrees they are done for the day. Many days they only get in a couple of hours of work. Now, if you are in an area where it never gets hot, then it does not matter. Remember, I said 90 degrees on the roof. It can be 75 or 80 on the ground and 90 degrees on the roof. The darker the roofing, the hotter it gets. Have a good day.

Old 06-16-07, 06:15 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
I'd get it done in the spring so everything has time to stick down good in the hot summer sun. I just got mine done last week and it was too hot one day that they had to stop because of the marks on the shingles.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: