Low-Pitch roofing options

Old 08-10-07, 10:21 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Low-Pitch roofing options

I currently built a deck in my backyard, and now want to add a cover to it. The roof will have a low pitch of 1/4" per foot. The roof extends 12 foot out, so the bottom of the rafters are at about 7' at the attached end of the house and about 6'9" on the other end. There is only a 3" pitch over a 12' span. I have heard about "torch" roof, but not sure if that is a DIY job or not (heard it can be dangerous) and what is involved in it. I have also heard of asphalt roll roofing options. I could use some suggestions on different options that I might have and their respective prices and durability and ease of installation. The roof area is 16' X 12' so it is a smaller area with just under 200 sq.ft. Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Old 08-10-07, 11:04 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Might check . There is a cold mop tar like. You can use this to put down a 90lb mica If you want.

Old 08-10-07, 11:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,899 Upvotes on 1,705 Posts
I'd suggest 3' x 12' metal roofing panels, with metal corner around the perimeter and foam closures at the top and bottom edges.

Another pricy option would be SIP's (structural insulated panels) which, for your application, would basically be 3" thick white EPS foam panels that have a pebble finished aluminum skin glued to each side. They are very strong and can be installed on low pitches, making them ideal for porches where headroom is an issue. An aluminum fascia cover caps the ends of the SIP's. A standing seam roof with integral gutter fascia around the perimeter would also be an option. You could get information on this option from any company that sells carports and/or sunrooms and screen rooms.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: