Cost of roofing 22 squares?

Old 08-19-07, 07:51 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cost of roofing 22 squares?

I got a bid, and I wan't opinions on it please. My roof is just under 22 squares. 10 new mushroom vents, new valley flashing, and new flashing around all my plumbing vents (4). I also have 2 brick chimneys that they will re-flash. 30 year architectual raised profile (sablewood) roofing by Elk Corporation. I rip all the old roof off. They patch about 5 broken boards.

The bid is $2,900.00.

If it matters, I live in Portland, Oregon. Thanks guys and gals!

Old 08-19-07, 08:22 PM
A
illinois pricing is something like this. to tear off and redo roofing is about 150-165 per square depending on roof pitch and how cut up roof is. this includes material and labor but no dumpster. If you are going to tear it off yourself you sholud save about 50 per square. so 22 x 110=2420. must add in extra to reflash chimneys about 200 - 250 per chimney if flashing is of good qualty and getting cut into mortar. so 2420 + 400 = 2820. I'm assuming that you are taking care of the disposal of the shingles. Remember that insurance and workmans comp on employees in the roofing business is among the highest in all the trades. Make sure hes a good contractor and has stood behind his work in the past. In Illinois this would be a good price and a good value for you, and I cant imagine the market being that much different. Good luck

Old 08-20-07, 07:15 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Roofing

You did not say in your post whether the quote is labor only or labor and materials. Which is it?

Old 08-20-07, 04:06 PM
For 22 square in Portland for materials & labor, this is just about right. I have done many homes just east of Portland. I ran the numbers and came up with $3300. but I added Style D and Gutter Apron and I also put in new plumbing vents. So I would say you have a fair bid. Good Luck Your rainy season is just around the corner.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: