Gutters Maintenance

Old 11-29-07, 11:47 AM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gutters Maintenance

DIY - Jack of Trade I am not, but I must get the gutters clean or I will have Damage.
The problem is pitch of roof, I slide down both the front and back sides and the slope of the land yard is 30 feet high in the front yard and 48 feet high in the back yard.
I do not know where to rent our purchase a 50 feet ladder and the roofers charge $175.00 each year to clean the gutters. Are there attachments to blowers or washers that will reach the top gutters?
Any suggestions?
Doug Okkerse

Last edited by DIYaddict; 11-29-07 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Email address removed for your protection and so your email will not be filled w/spam
Old 11-29-07, 12:50 PM
I
How far from ground to your highest gutters? You'll spend at least $175 for a good extension ladder that will go high enough, so bite the bullet and do it. Then you can just clean them out yourself with a blower and long ext. cord. Forget the water hose, too big a mess....unless you're anal and must get all the roof grit and dirt out--then it's your funeral.

Old 11-29-07, 01:52 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,177 Likes on 1,135 Posts
My old man fell off the roof last year cleaning out the gutters - five broken ribs and a broken collar bone from a single story house. I would replace the gutters with covered ones that don't need cleaning - parents installed Gutter Helmet brand with good results.

Old 11-29-07, 02:56 PM
M
Im assuming that your house is a two story even if the ground slopes..Take a look at this very cool product. Its a lot less than $175 and you can use it from the ground http://www.guttersense.com/

Old 11-29-07, 03:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You have a landscaping service and you do not know about gutter cleaning wands?

A simple google search for "gutter cleaning tools" brings up hundreds of hits with many different tools.

I smell a attempt at some subliminal advertising.......

Old 12-13-07, 01:58 PM
G
Gutter Cleaning

Sorry its HotinOKC. Advertising was not the intent. Cleaning gutters that hang 48 feet and 58 feet on the home is the challenge for me.
Looked at some of the Google search suggestions and the robot might work if I could get the ladder to reach the area required to be serviced. The problem I have is to maneuver the backyard slope and reach 60 feet in the air safely.
I'll keep searching as you suggest Mark.
Thank you.
Doug Okkerse

Old 12-25-07, 12:02 PM
H
Gutter cleaning tool

I made a device to clean my gutters from the ground. I bought a 6.5 HP shopvac ($125) and connected a 3" plastic flexible hose to it (used by woodworkers for dust control). This 10' hose connects directly to the vac, and the other end is connected to various lengths of 3" aluminum vent pipe used for dryers. Lasty, 2 90 degree elbows go up and over the edge of the gutter. It works awesome. A little cumbersome when the gutters are up 25' but other than that it is great. I used to climb the roof but as I have gotten older I am reluctant to do so for the reasons the prior post mentioned. Total cost was about $200.

Last edited by stickshift; 12-25-07 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Removed quoting of entire post

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: