Derby Gum Torch Down repairs

Old 03-18-08, 09:44 AM
A
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Derby Gum Torch Down repairs

What is the best way to repair Derby Gum roofing?

I have a bunch of Derby Gum torch down roofs over tapered foam and need to get materials for emergency repairs.

This is the kind of thing where somebody calls while it's raining because their ceiling is dripping, and we need to get it fixed right away. I can find virtually nothing online that tells me about these roofs or about Derby Gum. We're getting a roofer to fix these long-term, but I need some interim solutions. Thanks.

Old 03-18-08, 04:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You'll need to go to a roofing supply house and tell them you have an APP roof. Assuming the repairs are small, certain cements can be used, but I won't reccomend one here.

Proper repairs are made by torching more derbigum over the problem areas. That's the short version without me seeing the roof.

Old 03-18-08, 06:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This was interesting- have never heard the term "derbigum" before. I love this place! Always something new to learn.

Old 03-19-08, 06:57 AM
A
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tinner666

Proper repairs are made by torching more derbigum over the problem areas. That's the short version without me seeing the roof.
Thanks. If ever there were a case where having the right term to google was important, this was it! I had no idea it was "derbigum" and all references by the sellers were verbal. Now I get a lot of hits.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: