where to drain the gutters

Old 05-23-08, 06:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where to drain the gutters

we live in the south where it rains hard and fast and the ground is terrible. therefor any concentrated rain run off will erode the yard. the morons who built this house told the contractor to put the extra dirt from installing the septic tank in the front yard. so.... now the front yard drains toward the front door. We know we need a french drain but have also considered putting up gutters. they dont do it alot around here because of no basements and a drip line around a house will cause less erosion than only a few downspouts draining more water to a smaller area. If that makes sense. What kind of alternatives are there, i.e. can they be drained into something like a french drain system. We dont know how to control this without washing out our yard and before we contact anyone we want to be a bit educated on it. We already have a bit of a slope to the whole yard so erosion is a constant battle and we have a drain for the driveway to keep the garage dry. It works 364 days out of the year.

Old 05-23-08, 12:50 PM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Gutters

The gutter downspouts get piped to the curb.

Old 05-23-08, 01:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That would be uphill, but either way we have no curb. We have no storm sewers, mildly rural area. Even the swale in the front yard is uphill from the house. We are on a slope for the whole yard, I guess we could take it to the bottom of the yard as we are on a lake but didnt want to run that far and quite frankly I would worry about the volume traveling 100 feet or more. The driveway run off sometimes gets overwhelmed. just wondered if we could get by with something else. thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: