Ondura roof for patio? Other ideas?

Old 05-28-08, 03:13 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ondura roof for patio? Other ideas?

I have a covered patio that is currently roofed with asphalt shingles. It is approx 16X20 feet and it leaks. It doesn't have much pitch to it. It seems to take a while to leak, like say maybe the day after a rain, and it will drip black liquid onto my patio. I'm guessing this is roofing tar of some kind or some other sealant or adhesive.

Anyway, I'd like to fix this myself without a lot of money and redoing the whole thing. I was contemplating putting a tin roof over the top of the shingles. While I was kicking that idea around, I saw Ondura at the hardware store and now I'm kicking that around. Any suggestions or tips???

Old 05-29-08, 05:39 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
While you're kicking things around, kick the Ondura into the garbage heap.
I wouldn't reccomend a DIYer doing EPDM on a house or living area. But, I have seen several DIY EPDM jobs that came out better than some company jobs did.
Since it's a patio, look into EPDM. Fully adhered,(glued). With drip edges primed and cover stripped. Go to a roofing supply house and get the manual. Read the fully adhered specs several times and get a feel for it. Use .060, not the 045. Will last a long time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: