A question about guttering

Old 06-25-08, 07:52 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A question about guttering

My house is a 2 story wih a hip roof. The dimensions are 28x38.

I also have a front porch running the entire width of the house, and the porch has a gabled roof.

My questions are:

1) Since the hip roof on the front of my house overhangs over my gabled porch, do I still need to install guttering along the front of the hip roof? Or will the rain be okay dripping down onto the porch roof, and running to the gutters from there?

2) And on the gabled porch roof, I know I need to install guttering on the sides, but do I need to install guttering running up along the pitch as well?

I want the guttering system to do it's job like it should, but I am on a tight budget and if I can bypass running guttering on the front of the home since it will be on the side would be a money saver and put the project more in range of my budget.

I'm adding a pic of the front of my home incase this helps. Also any other tips to help cut the cost of installing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tom

Old 07-05-08, 08:25 PM
guttering prevents water runoff from damaging lower roofs,and grounds--after a period of time,you will see where the water has been landing,protect your investment !

Old 07-12-08, 09:07 AM
the roofing god is right. so you will need to put a section on the 2nd floor and just in front, and you never put gutters on the rakes or pitch or gables call them what you want and as far as saving you money i would only put one more section on the driveway side of the porch. i hope this helps. and it looks like you have a very nice home.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: