It's Coming Down

Old 06-27-08, 08:51 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's Coming Down

I bought a foreclosure and it needs a new roof. The are many spots that have caved into bedrooms and eveidence of water damage in other rooms. So this is no patch job.

Is there anything else I should do while I have the roof open? I have a chimney so I will reflash that (not really sure what that means but I read it somewhere ). Anything else I should do? Does gutter work come with the roofing job?

I definitley need a roofing 101 class, any excepional links would be appreciated.

Old 06-27-08, 05:27 PM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Roof

Go for a tear-off of the old roofing. Include in the roofing contract any necessary repairs to the roof sheathing as an add-on to the lump sum price of the roof tear off and re-roof. Other optional add-ons are guttering, fascia repair, and covering trim with trim coil. Hope this helps.

Old 06-30-08, 11:13 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Roof

This may be a silly question but if I see tarp on the outside of the house does that mean there's an active leak or is it possible that someone put it on after they repaired the roof?

Next question...for the inside do we just cut out the damaged sheet rock and replace it or do we take the whole wall down. Also I think some of the beams were damaged (weakened, broken in half). How does that get fixed? I will probably have someone do this for me but I like to kow how things should be done first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: